Proceedings of the Japan Academy,
Ser. B, Physical and Biological Sciences
The Proceedings of the Japan Academy, Series B was founded in 1912 as the Proceedings of the Imperial Academy by the then Imperial Academy of Japan (now the Japan Academy). The Journal was split to the Proceedings of the Japan Academy, Series A and Series B in 1977. PJA Series B publishes reviews and original articles in broad fields of natural sciences, such as physics, chemistry, astronomy, earth sciences, biology, engineering, agricultural sciences, medicine and pharmacy.
- - No membership is required to submit manuscripts to this journal.
- - No manuscript handling fee or page charges are levied.
- - Color figures are published free of charge up to a full page of the journal, and 50 copies of reprints are also provided free.
- - Manuscripts are evaluated at least by two reviewers.
- - Ten issues are published per year.
- - This journal is open access (CC BY-NC). The entire content is freely available online through J-STAGE.