Transactions of the Japan Academy
The first issue of the Transactions of the Japan Academy was published in 1942 under the title Transactions of the Imperial Academy. The journal adopted its present title in 1948 just after the Imperial Academy transitioned to the Japan Academy in December 1947. The journal is published in Japanese three times a year. It carries papers presented by the Academy members at its General Meetings (held every month except July and August), proceedings of the General Meetings, notes and news, reports on the members' visits to overseas academies, and memorials for members who have passed away.
The Academy established an online public access service for the Transactions of the Japan Academy in January 2007. Volume 61 and above can be accessed at the CiNii (Scholarly and Academic Information Navigator) website of the National Institute of Informatics, while volume 60 and below are maintained on the J-STAGE site of the Japan Science and Technology Agency.
- CiNii (volume 61 and above)
- J-STAGE (volume 60 and below)
- Proceedings at the 1085th General Meeting
- Proceedings at the 1086th General Meeting
- Proceedings at the 1087th General Meeting
- Ceremony of the Eleventh Award of Japan Academy Medal
Table of Contents of Most Recent Journal
- Hiroshi MIZUTA : The first Chinese translation of the Wealth of Nations with reference to the modernization of the three nations of East Asia
- Shigetsugu SUZUKI : The system of criminal theory ― The way to the criminal law theory without “Tatbestandslehre”
- Makoto ITOH : Comments on Capital in the Twenty-First Century ―Political Economy of Disparities Re-expanded―
- Jun KUBOTA : On Fujiwara no Shunzei's waka(poem) of “akebono(dawn)” : ―in the context of a poetical word “akebono"―
- Tokiyasu FUJITA : Die verschiedenen Aspekte zur Theorie des freien Ermessens ― Über die gerichtliche Prüfbarkeit der Ermessensverfügung ―
Notes and News